Goodwill gladly accepts the following new or used items:
- Clothing, shoes and boots
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs
- Games, toys and sports equipment
- Housewares: dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, cookwares, lamps and small appliances
- Collectibles, antiques, knickknacks and other gift ware
- Hand tools and small power tools
- Domestics: linens, curtains, blankets, sheets, etc.
- Electronics: TVs, computer towers & monitors, stereos, amplifiers, radios, VCRs, DVD players, etc.
- Furniture: dressers, tables, chairs, sofas, bed frames (except waterbed frames)
- Cell phones
It’s hard to say “no thank you” to a donor when donations help to fund Goodwill programs. However, occasionally we do need to refuse some items for being non-recyclable or containing hazardous materials. Our donation attendants are trained to know what we can and cannot accept, and will help guide you to other possibilities for donations we cannot use.
We cannot accept the following items:
- No household chemical products such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols and other environmentally-unfriendly waste products.
- No automotive hazardous waste such as tires, additives, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, etc.
- No mattresses/box springs or waterbed mattresses and waterbed frames
- No soiled or stained carpet or carpet padding
- No building materials
- No weapons such as guns, ammunition, etc.
- No cribs, car seats, or baby walkers.
- No household garbage or waste.
- Hot tubs
- No stained, broken or torn furniture
- No appliances
- No RVs, trucks, or trailers
If raining, we recommend double bagging your donations. If you need to change your location for pickup, please let us know right away. Call 509-735-7238.
Goodwill not only accepts donations from the public, but also community businesses and corporate donations.
If your company has returned merchandise, unsold floor stock or is upgrading furnishings, please consider giving us a call.
Corporate donations to Goodwill may be tax deductible.
For more information regarding making a corporate donation to Goodwill please call (509)735-7238.
Your financial contributions to Goodwill helps create and sustain job-training and employment services for individuals who face significant barriers to self-sufficiency, independent employment and full participation in our community.
The financial contribution you make to Goodwill will ensure that the services we provide will continue helping people get the start they need to change their lives.
There are many ways you can make a financial contribution to Goodwill.
- Cash contributions
- Appreciated stock and other securities
- Designated giving through the United Way
For more information regarding how you may make a financial contribution to Goodwill Industries, please call (509)735-7238.