Goodwill gladly accepts the following new or used items:
- Clothing, shoes and boots
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs
- Games, toys and sports equipment
- Housewares: dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, cookwares, lamps and small appliances
- Collectibles, antiques, knickknacks and other gift ware
- Hand tools and small power tools
- Domestics: linens, curtains, blankets, sheets, etc.
- Electronics: TVs, computer towers & monitors, stereos, amplifiers, radios, VCRs, DVD players, etc.
- Furniture: dressers, tables, chairs, sofas, bed frames, (except waterbed frames)
- Cell phones
**Large furniture items are subject to approval for home pick-up. For home pick-up questions, please email us or call (509)735-7238.
It’s hard to say “no thank you” to a donor when donations help to fund Goodwill programs. However, occasionally we do need to refuse some items for being non-recyclable or containing hazardous materials. Our donation attendants are trained to know what we can and cannot accept, and will help guide you to other possibilities for donations we cannot use.
We cannot accept the following items:
- No household chemical products such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols and other environmentally-unfriendly waste products.
- No automotive hazardous waste such as tires, additives, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, etc.
- No mattresses/box springs or waterbed mattresses and waterbed frames
- No soiled or stained carpet or carpet padding
- No building materials
- No weapons such as guns, ammunition, etc.
- No cribs, car seats, or baby walkers.
- No household garbage or waste.
- Hot tubs
- No stained, broken or torn furniture
- No appliances
- No RVs, trucks, or trailers
Please bag and box your items, especially if fragile. Mark your bags or boxes with “Goodwill.” Our drivers are trained NOT to pickup unmarked packages or items.
Our trucks start their routes at 9:00 a.m., and pickup until dark, so your stop could be made at any time of day.
If raining we recommend to double bag your donations and if you need to change your location other than curbside, please let us know. Call (509)735-7238.
Goodwill not only accepts donations from the public, but also community businesses and corporate donations.
If your company has returned merchandise, unsold floor stock or is upgrading furnishings, please consider giving us a call.
Corporate donations to Goodwill may be tax deductible.
For more information regarding making a corporate donation to Goodwill please call (509)735-7238.
Your financial contributions to Goodwill Industries help create and sustain job-training and employment services for individuals who face significant barriers to self-sufficiency, independent employment and full participation in our community.
The financial contribution you make to Goodwill will ensure that the services we provide will continue helping people get the start they need to change their lives.
There are many ways you can make a financial contribution to Goodwill.
- Cash contributions
- Appreciated stock and other securities
- Designated giving through the United Way
For more information regarding how you may make a financial contribution to Goodwill Industries, please call (509)735-7238.